7.21.2008

Name that tune

OK I am in full agreement with many who have observed that I am a gadget freak. Technology gadgets and applications are completely up my alley. So it won't be a surprise to my friends that I love love love my new iPhone. It is absolutely delicious with the 3G network. Joe turned me on to a new application from the iTunes app store that is free and amazing. This is in the category complete and utterly amazing.

Shazam is a music exploration tool that has many aspects, but the one I fell in love with is the iPhone app. When listening to music fire up the app on the phone and press "Tag Now" then hold your phone toward the music source. The app will listen for 10 seconds or so then send the info to the server. Within a few seconds you have displayed the artist, song, and album plus links to iTunes and to YouTube. Simply awesome.

No comments: